So this is how Im going to track my time through South Africa. Blog form. Unfortunately, every ounce of internet I use costs me money so I do not know how tricked out or in depth Im going to go but I'll try.

I am currently in Cape Town, South Africa and I will be here for about 5 months. I will be taking class at UCT while taking on some kind of service learning project at a site CIEE has a relationship with. I live with all the kids in my program (there are 18) on one property with two houses right below UCT's campus.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Kirstenbosch


Yesterday, we went to Kirstenbosch, sweeping botanical gardens nessled up against Table Mountain. One of the people in the house had a great idea to walk to the gardens, too bad they turned out to be much farther away then we had anticipated. I’m not going to lie I was not thrilled half way through. But once we got to the gardens and I broke away from the huge group and I sat on a bench under a tree looking at the gorgeous view I began to feel much better. I took my time and slowly walked through the gardens, the day was absolutely perfect and I couldn’t think of a better way to spend a Sunday. It was practically transcendent. The pictures don’t really do it justice but it gives one an idea.




View from my recovery bench

No comments:

Post a Comment