So this is how Im going to track my time through South Africa. Blog form. Unfortunately, every ounce of internet I use costs me money so I do not know how tricked out or in depth Im going to go but I'll try.

I am currently in Cape Town, South Africa and I will be here for about 5 months. I will be taking class at UCT while taking on some kind of service learning project at a site CIEE has a relationship with. I live with all the kids in my program (there are 18) on one property with two houses right below UCT's campus.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Begining

 To start off our program we stayed at the Cape Town Lodge in De Waterkant area, what I would call downtown, where we had access to famous areas such as Long Street, which has a lot of bars and restaurants. Long Street actually reminded me a lot of the French Quarter of New Orleans and Ill have some pictures to show. The weather is warm and humid and what keeps it from being unbearable are the incredible sea breezes that come through, which can be quite strong at times.
 

The view of Table Mountain from the hotel
Some of the homes creeping up the mountain side

A couple days later we moved into our house near the lower campus of UCT in Rondebosch.
The House Im living in


View from one of my windows: Table Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment